Monday, June 03, 2002

Today, I went to the Willimantic. This was the first time fly fishing after the class wheich was 4/27/02. I attempted nymphs which were given to me by a friend at work. I got so strikes but didn't hook any. I tried a dry (the usual that Jack gave me) and promptly snapped it off while casting. I then put a deer hair wet fly which I have no idea was and caught a dace. Then by the grace of God I caught a Brown. this was a good sized one about 8 to 12 inches. I couldn't be sure as he got off my hook as I tried to hold him. I need a net. That would have allowed me to check him out a release him with out injury. He was really pretty though. I caught another dace and packed it in.

It was noon when I caught the trout. nice weather, sunny partly cloudy with a breeze, blowing up stream.

No comments: