Tuesday, December 18, 2001

If there were ever to be an obsession I'd have - let it be fly fishing. Just reading about gives me joy. While watching one of my favorite fishing shows, "The Reel Guys", I heard the phrase "Trumbinik" It was the name of the boat they were on and was actually the name of the guys who go fishing on it. These men were New Yorkers, silly, happy, crazy and in regard to not seeing the World Trade Center anymore, very saddened. Trumbinik means: vagabond, run-around, irresponsible citizen. One of the guys who was on the boat said that his grandmother called him trumbinik when he went fishing. My biggest problem is that I don't give myself permission to be trumbinik. I don't get out there because I don't let myself get out there. St. Peter, fisher of men, pray for me. :-)

No comments: